All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Saturday, 22 October 2011

Early Seleucid Army

For a change of pace and scale I thought I'd post some photos of my 15mm early Seleucid DBA army. I haven't played DBA for quite a while but I was thinking, how often the ease of collecting and painting an army, is a big factor for people starting out on particular rule sets. The fewer figures you need to paint and base, the more likely it is to be popular. The figures are Xyston, Essex and Gladiator Games. The Xyston figures are really excellent and actually have more detail than a lot of 28mm ranges!


Early Seleucid (II/19 a) DBA army

Seleucid Cavalry (2 x 3 Kn, 1 x 2 Lh)

Seleucid Elephants (2 x El)

Psiloi and Hypaspists (2 x 2 Ps, 1 x 4 Ax)

Seleucid Pike (4 x 4 Pk)
Another shot of the army

12 comments:

  1. Very good looking army. Nice work all round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rodger, Xyston are very nice figures for 15mm.

    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Rodger said, great looking army. Everything looks right and well together. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice looking force! I've thought about picking up some Xyston figures myself sometime as the sculpts are great.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Christopher, the Xyston figures are really nice and they have a big classical range.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking army, you've really tied all the various elements together.

    Did you use transfers for the shields?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vladd309

    Thanks. I used VVV transfers for the shields.

    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice mate, been thinking about going back to 15mm comp gaming myself after a 14 year hiatus......crazy I know

    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Matt. Good luck with the 15mm comp gaming...maybe you need to reconsider :)!

    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whilst they're very pretty models, I always found DBA to be too much of an abstraction to really accept it as a wargame; it feels more like a needlessly fiddly boardgame to me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi AKI

    DBA is definitely an abstract game but has the advantage of being quicker and simpler than other DBX rules...

    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete