All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Saturday, 15 October 2011

Macedonian/Early Successor Elephants

Here are some Macedonian/Early Successor Elephants I painted earlier in the year but I haven't got around to adding the photos here. The first is an Essex elephant and crew which I really like. The second is a Tin Soldier elephant and crew which has quite a dynamic pose, but is over sized and worst of all, the ears are way too large for an Indian elephant. Aventine seem to have the nicest range of elephants around (of course you can never have too many elephants!) so I'll add to these when they bring out suitable mahout and pikemen sitting astride on one of their Indian elephants.










9 comments:

  1. I very much like the Essex elephant; nice blanket!

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Simon, I like the Essex nellie too. I hope Aventine do an Macedonian/Early Successor crew for their Indian elephants at some stage.

    Cheers

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have five of the Essex elephants and I think they paint up very nicely for the earlier periods...even right to the end. Thanks for sharing the images

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nathan. I've seen photos of your early Successor games and they look great.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool elephants and extremely well painted. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike,

    lovely mate, I must finish my two successor Elephants also.

    The next game we have bring them both along so I can tease the Essex about his big ears!!!!!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys. Matt a Hail Caesar Successor game sometime would be good as the biblical and classical lists are out now.

    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete