All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Normans

I received my copy of Saga last week and have now read the rules. They seem like a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to my first game. I haven't made much progress with my Picts and the addition of a six point Welsh army hasn't eased the congestion on my painting desk!

I have managed to finish off some Normans, many of which I painted years ago but I need one more unit. I actually have another unit of crossbow men somewhere but can't find them so will probably do some unarmoured spearmen as warriors. The figures are a mix of Crusader and Gripping Beast. I also have started on a box of the plastic Conquest Games Norman Knights which are really lovely figures.


Norman Warlord
Norman Knights

More Knights

Knights on foot
Warlord with his knights

Serjeants with crossbow
Levy bowmen
Warlord with five Norman units

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic looking army, very well painted that man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice looking set of troops!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the Normans. Hope to see them in action soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ray, Christopher and Mike. Looking forward to playing a game of Saga.

    Cheers

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice paint job on those well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, let us know how SAGA plays, I'm planning on buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Willie, Chris and Dan. I just played my first game of Saga tonight so will post a report and photos shortly.

    Cheers

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Matt. You'll have to get your Normans out for a game.

    Cheers

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one....I have just got the rules myself and am planning an Anglo Danish force plus some Welsh..

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jason, good luck with your warbands. I've just got some Welsh myself.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete