All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Friday, 16 December 2011

Equites Praetoriani




I've just finished this unit of Praetorian Cavalry with the new Warlord Games figures. They are Praetorian Cavalry from the First Dacian War 101-102 AD as depicted in Plate H of the Osprey book, Guardians of the Roman Empire. Both these cavalry and Praetorian infantry will be fighting for their emperor Trajan, in a Hail Caesar game tomorrow afternoon against the Dacians. A new emperor was often on the cards where the Praetorians were involved!

I've just noticed my blog counter has reached 20,000 hits so I'd like to thank everyone who has followed, commented on or visited my blog since I started it on April Fool's Day this year. I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and happy gaming, painting, collecting and blogging for 2012!

Earlier in the week I got some of the new EIR Aventine Miniatures for the Macromannic Wars in the mail. They're just brilliant figures so I'll put aside the Mycenaeans temporarily and try and finish these and some other Romans over the Xmas/New Year break.





13 comments:

  1. They look great! Love the shield design and scorpion motif - screams Praetorian! Best, dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dean. The LBM shield transfers as usual really transform the appearance of the unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll echo what dean said and looking forward to more!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christopher,the Aventine EIR are next.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work again. The standard really sets them off; keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fantastic, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are splendid! I hope to add some of these troops to my Romans soon... Very nice painting.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comments guys. I'll post photos and report of another EIR vs Dacians game shortly.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking cav - although I tend to root for the Dacians on my table!

    I look forward to the battle report
    Miles
    '

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Miles. The scenario was a Dacian ambush of a Roman column. I'll post a report and photos soon.

    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely mick, have yourself a very merry christmas and i will see you in the new year!

    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Matt, have a great Xmas too and see you in 2012!

    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete