All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Praetorian Guard




I've just finished these Warlord Games Praetorian Guard who will see service shortly under Trajan in our series of games fighting the Dacian Wars . Hopefully they will put a bit of backbone into the Roman forces - their performance against the Dacians has been lacklustre of late! I've had this unit half finished for ages but seeing the Praetorians on Dean's blog WAB Corner a while ago has inspired me to finish them off. I'm currently painting some of the new Warlord Praetorian Guard Cavalry and will post some photos of these when I've finished them.





15 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed. Maybe if the Romans aren't doing so well in Dacia, the Praetorians could help them to a new emperor? Down with Domitian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul, Christopher and Rodger. I guess with Praetorians a new emperor is always on the cards!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking unit.

    Is the armour painted with grey paint, not metallic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent unit.They should make the difference...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Vladd and Mike. The unit was primed with Army Painter platemail metal, then all the other colours painted in with a coat of Strong Tone and Anti Shine matt varnish to finish.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking very good! Those pila look tough to rank up, though. I still don't have any Praetorians, really want some...

    Cheers, Simon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now they look the biz!!! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice mate,

    If you want more I have a heap of leftover Foundry ones.....

    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Simon, Ray and Matt. I've still got another unit of BTD Praetorians to finish as well...

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice!!! I wanted to say that you have one of the best sites for Ancients I have seen yet, IMHO. I have these guys next on my table for that matter.

    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks RazorOne223 - they are so many great ancient armies to collect and paint! I really like the Warlord Games plastics, they're really easy to put together and paint.

    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete