All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Friday, 20 January 2012

Aventine Early Imperial Roman legionaries







I've just finished these Aventine Early Imperial Roman legionaries from the Macromannic Wars and have taken the photos with my new Canon EOS 550D DSLR camera. These are the first photos I've taken with the camera and there was new software as well so some of these photos have turned out darker than I would have wished. I might even have to look at the software instruction manual! I'll obviously need to play around with both camera and software a bit but I'm reasonably happy with these for a first effort. The Aventine EIR, by the way, are just brilliant figures and one of the best Roman ranges I've ever painted.






11 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous. The deep blue shields work really nicely. Those Aventines are very tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh thats better...lol just kidding. These look great! I agree I to really like the blue shields. Heres a dumb question for you, wouldn't Legionnaires from one cohort to the other within the same legion have the same shield design? I had never thought about that before until now. When I did my EIR Romans I used the same shield transfers through 7 cohorts(units/boxes) of mini's.

    Cheers

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome work Cyrus. Really like the shields and the basing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. Eric I think you're right about the same shields within a legion but it could have cohort based? I just like a variety of shield designs and justify it as detached cohorts from various legions!

    Cheers

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look great took me a while to get used to my new camera but the more shots you take the more you will get to know it!

    Best wishes
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Willie, as you say it takes a bit of getting used to but taking more shots is the only way to learn.

      Mike

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the camera, the figs still look great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Mike, the Aventine figures are top notch.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete