All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Thursday, 10 May 2012

Hittites


Hittite chariots - Foundry, Old Glory, Newline and Ral Partha/Iron Wind

Hittite King - Newline Designs

The King leads his chariots into battle

Here are some photos of my Hittite army to date. I've posted photos of some of the chariots here before, (Hittite chariots and Hatussa), but I've finished another three chariots since then and haven't posted any photos of my infantry until now. I still have a long way to go towards finishing these but at least I have a large New Kingdom Egyptian army to fight them  - Ramses II and his New Kingdom Egyptian Army. There is also a post on a Hail Caesar game we had with these armies - Hail Caesar First Game Report - Hittites vs New Kingdom Egyptians. There are so many great figures and interesting armies in the biblical period that it is hard to resist and I have gone totally overboard in my collecting. Trips to Egypt and Turkey have only further fuelled the flame!



Hittite archers - Miniature Design Studio

Syrian and Canaanite archers - Foundry

Aramaean slingers - Foundry

Anatolian highlander slingers - Cutting Edge

Hittite spearmen - Foundry, Old Glory and Newline

Another unit of Hittite spearmen

12 comments:

  1. I think you did a wonderful job putting the Hittite miniatures together and the results are great basing great painting, great miniatures :) well done sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the mix of figures the basing really makes them stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff. Looks like an impressive army being put together

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have captured my idea of a Hittite army rather well. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, the Hittites are my favourite biblical army.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic looking troops Cyrus. Really like the basing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This army is really wonderful, a great work! Long live to the Hittites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good mixture of different figure companies and they all work really well together. You have a wonderful collection developing here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Rodger, Phil and Silver Whistle. I do like a mix of figures and biblical armies are a lot of fun.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete