All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Thursday, 24 May 2012

Neo-Assyrians


Sab Sharri - Foundry, Hinchliffe and Eureka






Here are a few photos of a unit of Sab Sharri (king's men) auxiliary infantry for my Neo-Assyrian army from the reign of Ashurbanipal (668 - 631 BC). These figures are a mix of Foundry, Hinchliffe and Eureka. I'm planning  a Neo-Babylonian army to fight it and have quite a mix of figures for both armies with Eureka, Castaway, Foundry, Hinchliffe, Immortal/Warlord, Newline and Old Glory. I've included some photos of a test spearman figure for a unit of Kisir Sharruti (king's standing army) at the end of the post.

On the WAB forum gallery recently there were photos of a Foundry Assyrian army, which is one of the best painted biblical armies I've ever seen:

http://wabforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10975

Unfortunately my efforts will never be this good but it does give me something to aspire to! I'll post more photos of my Neo-Assyrian and Neo-Babylonian armies as I complete painting units. I'll also post separately some photos of the Assyrian reliefs at the British Museum which are very inspiring, if your interested in this period.








Kisir Sharruti - Eureka



5 comments:

  1. Thanks Matt, the Assyrians are an interesting army with mainly mixed forces of spear and bow.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking force you have there!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always liked the Foundry Assyrian range and you have certainly done them justice. The other figures mix in well by the look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christopher and Silver Whistle, the Foundry Assyrians are still the best around.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete