All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Friday, 28 September 2012

Victrix Theban Hoplites















Here are some photos of a Victrix Theban hoplite phalanx I've just finished. The shield transfers featuring the symbol of Thebes (the club of Heracles), are mainly by Steve at Victrix (not available on his LBM site) but with a few Foundry ones in the back rank. As mentioned in previous posts, these Victrix plastic sets have all the same basic torsos and are just great figures to put together and paint.

Like the Spartan set with the Pilos helmets, with the Thebans you get plenty of Boeotian helmets, but there is still plenty of variety and options in the heads and helmets. I'm looking forward to the mercenary hoplites set next and have heard that Victrix will be doing an unarmoured Greek hoplite set at some stage which is great news and will certainly speed up the production of phalanxes.









Victrix Theban and Spartan phalanxes close






10 comments:

  1. Very, very nice!!! I must say I've been tempted many times with these figures, I've held back so far but............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel the tension where they are faced off against those Spartans. You have done a superb job on these and another great looking unit for your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More great looking figs there

    ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking figures here. I am also looking forward to the unarmoured hoplites to better show the different mora in the Spartan army I am painting and collecting.

    Cheers,
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. Ross the Warlord Spartans have unarmoured Hoplites but the Victrix ones are nicer. I'm reading the Lazenby book on the Spartan Army at the moment...

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look excellent, as do your late romans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally wonderfully painted hoplites...hoppin wonderful!! Great job! You make me want to break out my greeks, but I am in Egypt right now...Assyria invading Egypt.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Tom, I hope you have a great time in Egypt - there is so much amazing stuff to see there!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete