All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Saturday, 6 October 2012

Roman Limes Watch Tower













Here are some photos of the 4Ground Roman Limes Watch Tower - link. This is the pre-painted version which comes as a laser cut and etched mdf kit. I've touched up some of the tiles on the roof with glued painted shavings from spare parts but otherwise this is as. A thorough reading of the instructions is definitely recommended when putting this together as I had few issues with construction which could have been avoided!

The kit comes as a two storey tower with separate external and internal walls. I did have trouble fitting the doors to the frames on the tower so they're actually reversed to what it says in the instructions but I think it still looks fine. The legionaries in the photos are by Aventine Miniatures and the Optio and auxilia are Imago Militis.














6 comments:

  1. nice mate,

    I think I may invest in one of those!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on having a good read of the instructions. I have a few of their buildings but not assembled any yet. I may have to put the Tower on the shopping list as your pictures show it off well and your Romans and the tower really compliment each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Matt, Silver Whistle and Cardinal. They do some nice wagons as well as buildings, really clever designs with the laser cutter.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some of their stuff, but not this and like Silver says you have done a nice job showing this piece off that I may need to get one myself.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Christopher, it is a nice watch tower, definitely worth getting.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete