All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Gall-Gaedhil














Here are a few photos of the new Gripping Beast, Gall-Gaedhil or Foreign/Norse-Gaels, also known as 'The Sons of Death'. These are great figures to paint with really dynamic attacking poses. As Swords for Hire in Saga they can be quite nasty as the unit fighting them suffers half the number of hits, as they inflicted on them, in addition to normal casualties! The first two photos used as backdrops were taken in the Orkney Islands last year.











16 comments:

  1. Nice looking figures! I've just bought these to paint up myself! Are the shields transfers or hand-painted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, they are great figures. Shields are LBM and Foundry transfers.

      Delete
  2. I do really like those poses! Nice painting on those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, they're great poses.

      Mike

      Delete
  3. Like those. Might have to break the vow and buy some more figures for Saga afterall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Grimsby Mariner, I keep buying more too, the GB Jomsvikings, Skraelings, Byzantines etc are all superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice looking group of warriors and the background is great!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb looking unit and great backdrops. You certainly travel about Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Silver Whistle, the Orkneys is a great place to visit.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cyrus! I love your work and selected you for a Liebstar Award:

    http://1000footgeneral.blogspot.com/2012/11/hey-whats-that-sally-field-academy.html

    Thanks for all the awesome blogging you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi John

    Thanks for that, I really enjoy your blog too!

    Cheers

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Cyrus, I've also nominated you, one of my favorites.

    I (somehow) got hit with that good-natured spam myself so think nothing of it.

    Regards,
    Peter

    bbkpipi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Piotr, you've got some great phalangites and Persians on your blog!

    Cheers

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  12. great looking band! love the shot with the coast behind, i need to learn to do that....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, my partner showed me how to do it in Photoshop but I don't think I've remembered much!

    ReplyDelete