All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Carthaginian Elephant











Here are a few photos of an A&A Carthaginian elephant and crew which I've just finished. It's been pretty quiet on the painting front this month, with the weather too hot for doing much and in the last week, on the east coast of Australia, the bush fires have been replaced by flooding!

I have less time this year to finish painting projects which is frustrating but one positive is that I've recently acquired a large second hand collection of painted Foundry ancients, mainly Macedonians/Successsors, Celts and Marian Romans. These are mainly DPS painted and a bit variable in quality but nothing a bit of touching up and LBM transfers can't fix. They're all based for Impetus so I have a lot of rebasing to do but I will post some photos at some stage.








9 comments:

  1. I love elephants. Great job, bring on the next :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic! I really like the rich color you used for the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mike and Jonathan, I have quite a few elephants to paint, so there will be definitely be more.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great looking elephant!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful paint job on this and I look forward to see what you do with that second hand collection.
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Pat, I've nearly finished rebasing the pike and will take some pics soon.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking elephants, fantastic work!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete