All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Friday, 18 January 2013

Skraelings




Skraelings - Gripping Beast



They (Thorvald's men) did as he (Thorvald) said and after the natives shot at them for a while, they fled as rapidly as they could. 

Thorvald then asked his men if they had been wounded, and they replied that they were unhurt.

'I have been wounded under my arm,' he said. 'An arrow flew between the edge of the ship and the shield into my armpit. Here is this arrow, and this wound will cause my death. I now advise you to prepare for your return journey as quickly as possible, but take me to that Cape I thought was such a good farm site. Perhaps the words I spoke will prove true enough and I will dwell there awhile. You will bury me there and mark my grave with crosses at the head and foot, and call the spot Krossanes (Cross point) after that.'

The Saga of the Greenlanders, p.643 The Sagas of the Icelanders: A Selection, Penguin, 1997




After that they saw a large group of native boats approach from the south, as thick as a steady stream. They were waving poles counter-sunwise now and all of them were shrieking loudly. The men took up their red shields and went towards them. They met and began fighting. A hard barrage rained down and the natives also had catapults.

Eirik the Red's Saga, p.670 The Sagas of the Icelanders: A Selection, Penguin, 1997







10 comments:

  1. Really nice looking fig's Cyrus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fleshtones on lovely looking figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ray, Rodger and Pat, the new GB Saga figures are great.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. great work mike, A unusual band for saga methinks!!!!


    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Matt, yeah I don't think they'd be that great in a game but nice figures 'tho.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent work - you got the skin tone down perfect. These are really nice sculpts too. Great choice for SAGA! Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Dean, Vikings are still my favourite faction in Saga.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking figures!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete