All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Arabs











Here are a few photos of some Copplestone Somalis which I've just finished and intend to use as Arab allies for my Seleucid army. I really like the dynamic attacking poses on these figures, they look very fierce, but no doubt they will run away at the first available opportunity in a game! Pre-Islamic Arabs in 28mm are mainly Biblical types like the Arab nomads tribes such as the Midianites and I may well later add in some Essex and Castaway figures to make up two units.







11 comments:

  1. Those are very nice! I want to start a Seleucid army, now, so that I can have some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Simon, they are nice figures and easy to paint. I'm sure you will have enough pike soon for both sides...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking unit, I do like your "dirty white"...very, very nice work!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work and another "+1" vote for the weathering.

    I'm thinking of starting either a Pontic or Seleucid army to battle with my Romans and Dacian/Sarmation ones

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Phil and Miles, I just used AP Soft Tone acrylic ink. Pontic and Seleucid armies are fun and interesting to use.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job. I've used some in my Arab units for Raphia, mixed with Perry Ansars. See http://watchthatflank.blogspot.co.uk/

    Regards,
    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Craig, I've seen your Perry and Copplestone Arabs they look great.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Christopher, Copplestone make some excellent figures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sculpts, painting and basing on these Mike.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Pat, hopefully they will stay on the table for a turn or two!

    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete