All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Saturday, 1 June 2013

Republican Roman Hastati













Here are a few photos of two units of Republican Roman Hastati that I've just finished, the figures are by Renegade Miniatures. I haven't posted anything on my Republican Roman army since this post on Republican Romans all most two years ago! Like so many other armies they have been on the back burner for a quite a while but the prospect of pike versus pila games has spurred me on to finish  some more units.

Hopefully Romans fighting Successors and eventually Carthaginians will keep me motivated to paint. I have a good mix of Republican Roman figures with Renegade, Crusader, Aventine and Gripping Beast. I have separate units of Leves and hasta armed Principes for earlier Republican Roman armies. On the painting table at the moment are some Principes and a box of the new plastic Agema Miniatures Velites.











15 comments:

  1. A fantastic looking unit of Hastati, great details!!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks excellent. What rules are you aiming for (looking at the mixed bases)?

    Cheers, SG
    mountainsoflead.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, that red really pops.

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, those are really lovely. Looking forward to seeing an army of them in action...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love 'em! Republican Romans, ready to take on the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are remarkable! I have hastati on my painting table at this very moment, so thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys the Renegade figures are good to paint. Sire Godefroy the rules will be Hail Caesar and they're based in single and double bases for flexibility.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving them mate!

    I have just started updating mine btw, so a game in canberra very shortly perhaps....

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, sounds good...or Goulburn.

      Mike

      Delete
  9. Attractive figures, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks John, Renegade do make some nice figures.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done they look good I used Renegade for mine also great looking figures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Willie, they are great figures and easy to paint as well. If my army looks half as good as yours I'll be happy!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete