All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Saturday, 9 November 2013

First American Civil War Regiment










Here are a few photos of a Union regiment for the American Civil War that I've just finished. Our game a few weeks ago of the Battle of Mill Springs has motivated me to finish off my first ACW regiment using these Perry Miniatures plastics that I've had for quite a while. I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out, not too bad for a first effort. Unfortunately I had a real shocker with the drummer when putting these together and put the drum upside down and the glue had set before I realised what I'd done. I'm hoping most people won't notice…










12 comments:

  1. Great looking unit Cyrus. I didn't notice the drum until I had read your post! So, don't worry about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rodger, that's what I figured most people won't notice it...

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great looking unit, very nice paintjob and basing...I didn't notice the drum on the pictures...just after reading the post too...
    Best,
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Phil, I should have put him in the back rank.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're spot on! Didn't realise the drum but if I should ever do ACW I'll definitely remember to check for right positioning now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moiterei, oh well I won't be doing that again with the drummer...

      Delete
  6. Very nice! Not an ACW fan, but your work is great. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great and doubt anyone will notice the wrong sided drum in the heat of battle!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Christopher, you're right most people won't notice.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, great looking stuff.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Steve, love those Perry plastics...

    Mike

    ReplyDelete