All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Friday, 28 February 2014

Celtic Chariots
















As I mentioned in my last post I recently bought some very nice Celts painted by Col Jones. These photos are of, a Celtic chariot unit  which I will use for my Ancient Briton army but they may find service in early Gallic and Galatian armies as well. Col has done a great job on these guys and the figures are mainly by Warlord Games with a single chariot and crew (photo above) by 1st Corps - I think.

The great thing about getting these figures is it will inspire me to paint the rest of my Celtic army, something I've been avoiding for years! The thought of all that plaid had the entire army on the back burner for ages, but now I have no excuses and will have to get stuck into the painting. I'll post some more photos of Col's Celts soon.













10 comments:

  1. They are a very impressive sight Cyrus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them. I really like the idea of buying ready-painted Celts; painting them does my head in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work with these chariots, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very nicely painted and based - they look really impressive together too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great stuff! Chariots are always fun to see!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Painting and basing are top notch. What a great way to start a new warband.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys, Col did a great job on the chariots.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Hobbyworker, you've got some great looking units on your blog too!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete