All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Sunday, 16 March 2014

Celtic Cavalry














Above are photos of the Celtic Cavalry painted by Col Jones that I mentioned in my last post. The first unit are mainly Gripping Beast figures with a few Warlord Games ones added in, while the second small unit are all Warlord Games. The unit in the photos below were painted by me and are all Warlord Games figures. Quite a decent start in cavalry for my Celts but I still have quite a few cavalry units to paint with A&A, Foundry, Renegade and Tin Soldier figures. I'll post photos of some skirmishers next.








16 comments:

  1. These Celtic Cavalry Miniatures/units look wonderful and nasty!

    what are your thoughts of Old Glory 28mm Celts? I guess the OG 28mm minis mix in well with Foundry, Renegade and Gripping Beast?

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I don't have any Old Glory Celts but I'm sure they'd mix fine with all these ranges. I've mixed units with many other OG ranges - Persians, Macedonians, Indians, Greeks, Scythians...

      Mike

      Delete
  2. Vibrant colors on these Celts. Looking forward to seeing them along the other makes. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I definitely prefer painting some of these ranges to others!

      Mike

      Delete
  3. Great looking Celt cavalry, another beautiful unit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Phil, I'll have to get onto the warbands next.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look nice and no easy task painting Celts!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Christopher, no all that plaid is a pain!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking celt cavalry unit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Did try to follow your blog.. but there is some thing wrong...

      Delete
  9. No worries, there are often glitches or outages with blogger where stuff doesn't work - I tried to comment on your blog but it didn't recognise me even though I'd just signed in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Celts are amazing. Must be a great sight on the table esp with the chariots

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Mike, I haven't played a game with them yet, hopefully get one in soon.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful painting and energy in these boys...let the madness continue! I can't wait to see your Celts in an AAR, smashing the Romans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Monty, smashing Romans every Celt player's dream game!

    ReplyDelete