All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Friday, 23 May 2014

Gladiators for Jugula















Here are a few photos of the new 35mm Gripping Beast gladiators that were released for Jugula. While I have plenty of 28mm gladiators already, these are very nice figures and a lot of fun to paint. The bigger scale does look good on the Jugula playing mat as well and the LBM shield transfers are excellent as ever. I ordered the Familia One pack of spare weapons, shields and helmets and so will get more of these to make up enough for two sides with a four gladiator game.

I played a couple more games of Jugula, during the week with Rick, which we both really enjoyed. The use of the cards is really clever and it really pays to be patient and build up your hand before launching an attack! I suspect that Jugula may become a favourite set of skirmish rules and  plan to finish painting my Steve Barber arena complete with spectators, and the rest of my unpainted 28mm gladiator collection, for use with these and other gladiator rules.



Murmillo


Veles


Hoplomachus


Retiarius

17 comments:

  1. Oh man...these really cool and awesome! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil, they're great figures and the rules are a lot of fun too.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really look great, beautiful minis...my favourite is the Hoplomachus...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, the Hoplomachus has pretty handy stats in the cards.

      Mike

      Delete
  4. Thanks Hobbyworker, unusual scale 35mm but they do look good and are fun to paint.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the bigger scale for this is the way to go. Looking forward to see what you do with the familia pack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the bigger scale for this is the way to go. Looking forward to see what you do with the familia pack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Pat, plan to do a Thracian, a Secutor and maybe another Murmillo and Retiarius. I'm sure further releases will be forthcoming...

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look excellent. Glad you like the game, now we get to see more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike, I do like it and there will definitely be more gladiators.

      Mike

      Delete
  9. I have just awarded you the Liebster Award :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Mike,

    We must have a game now I live in Sunny Canberra!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, any time they're fun and really clever rules with the cards. I didn't know you'd moved from sunny Goulburn!

      Mike

      Delete