All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Saturday, 16 August 2014

Bronze Age Slingers









This is my first post for quite a while, we've been off on holidays for a couple of weeks - bushwalking and camping in Central Australia, escaping the cold of a Southern Hemisphere winter! Here are some Cutting Edge levy slingers which can be used with many different bronze age armies. I'll be using them for my Amorite Kingdom/Hammurabic Babylonian armies but they're pretty versatile skirmishers.

Not much to report on the painting or gaming front but I did receive my copy of the latest Saga supplement for the Crusades - The Crescent and the Cross, which looks excellent. I have hardly played Saga all year but look forward to some more games and I'm currently painting some Almoravid Moors. The figures are mainly the Gripping Beast plastic spearmen and archers but I have a large metal army already of the Gripping Beast and Artizan Moors.






18 comments:

  1. Another beautiful set of troops, excellent paintjob and great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, another Bronze Age army started!

      mike

      Delete
  2. That's a great looking bunch of slingers, wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, the Cutting Edge figures are great to paint.

      Mike

      Delete
  3. I like the set design (background) for the photo shot of your lovely painted miniatures...marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, the rocks are just pieces of cork from a cork plantation.

      Mike

      Delete
    2. cork from a cork plantation! what a Brilliant idea Mike!

      cheers,

      Delete
    3. I've got a big bag of them, they look like rocks and are really light as well.

      Delete
  4. Great looking troops; the terrain and photography are also very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, I've got a new macro lense for my camera - hopefully will get better shots with it.

      Delete
  5. Excellent work! I have these guys for my Canaanites, great sculpts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Iannick, they are excellent figures. I see Warlord have started releasing the Canaanite and Mitannian ranges.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete