All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Friday, 15 April 2016

Indian Cavalry, Successor Pike and Ballista
















For our next club meeting Bern and Gary are planning a 15mm Epic CCA game and this got me thinking about my long neglected 15mm ancients. I sold most of my DBA armies years ago (something I regret as I put so much time in to painting them) but still have quite a stock pile of unpainted lead, as well as a painted Early Seleucid army. While I haven't played DBA since then, I did pick up Version 3.0 when it came out a few years ago. I haven't touched these figures for years but I really like the Xyston ranges and have several stalled projects which I intend to finish and may even expand in to larger armies for L'Art de La Guerre. The pike elements are Seleucid Argyraspides and Pantodapoi.
















10 comments:

  1. Love your painted Xyston minis Mike! All look great, my favorite would be the Indian Cavalry. Xyston figures can be a pain in the backside and cumbersome in terms of drilling holes for pikes/spears. Sometimes cavalry riders do not sit well, one needs to use green stuff to hold the figure in place before applying super glue.... Your painted Seleucid's are Awesome!

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I have Hittites, NKE, Indians and Persians in 15mm and want to finish DBA armies for these. The Xyston figures are a bit fiddly but worth the effort. For 15mm biblical armies I really like the Essex, Black Hat/ Gladiator and Magister Militum/Chariot ranges.

      Delete
  2. Excellent job, great details on the pikes, and your ballista is fantastic...hope it will be more effective than mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, hopefully I'll get more pike done soon and will get my Hittites finished next.

      Delete
  3. These are very nice Cyrus, especially the Ballista.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Xyston! When I first saw them I thought they were 28's
    Great work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, Xyston do make great figures.

      Delete