All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Saturday, 13 May 2017

War of the Roses Longbowmen












Here are two units of longbowmen for my War of the Roses armies. The figures are by Front Rank and Old Glory Miniatures. Those above are from Richard III's retinue, while those below are from Sir William Stanley's. It is early days painting these armies, I have heaps of Front Rank metal figures and Perry plastic figures to paint. I now have enough painted figures to field a 24 point Lion Rampant WotR retinue, so will hopefully get a game in soon.










20 comments:

  1. Beautiful work there Cyrus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger, I really like the Front Rank figures.

      Delete
  2. Very nice - especially the edging on the tunics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, the livery badges are a challenge to paint even with my Optivisor!

      Delete
  3. Nice looking longbows Cyrus!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice indeed Cyrus! I do like to see units of longbowmen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason, they do look good. The WotR is such a colourful period!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Colin, I'm painting some more Assyrians at the moment.

      Delete