All images and content 2011 - 2017 copyright Satrap Miniatures.

Do not copy or post without permission.

Wednesday, 20 September 2017

Nikephorian Byzantine Skoutatoi












Here are some Nikephorian Byzantine Skoutatoi or Kontarioi with rear ranks of archers (toxotai). The figures are by Gripping Beast with LBM shield transfers and standard (which I need to touch up!). I have a mix of GB and Crusader figures for this army but Fireforge Games are just about to release a plastic and resin Byzantine range which will be tempting.








15 comments:

  1. Wow! These guys are eye-catching! Love the yellow and the shields.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, they are quite lairy.

      Delete
  2. Very nice indeed. I also like the idea of the Fireforge figures, especially with teardrop shields for Comnenan Byzantines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, the Fireforge figures are great, I have some of their Mongols. I will probably get some and I'm also interested in the Justinian Byzantines that Aventine will be releasing.

      Delete
  3. Lovely work, and now plastic byzantines ? Whatever next?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, the Fireforge figures are great, they do the less popular figures in resin. Who knows?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher, hopefully will get in a game of LR with these soon.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful colors and wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dunno how I missed this post, but these guys look great. The colors make them glow like the sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, they're great figures and transfers. I need to finish some cavalry and psiloi, then I'll have enough for a LR game.

      Delete
  7. Dunno how I missed this post, but these guys look great. The colors make them glow like the sun.

    ReplyDelete